Your wedding day is a day that will be forever remembered by everyone that is present for the wedding ceremony and for the wedding reception afterward. While the planning of the wedding encompasses a lot of different aspects – and each requires its own special attention to detail – the choice of a Michigan wedding photographer is extremely important. After all, the wedding photographer you choose will be forever capturing one of the most important events in your life.
There are several things to consider when searching for a Michigan wedding photographer, especially in Southeast Michigan. This can include how long the photographer has been in business in the area, testimonials or references from local clientele in and around Detroit, samples of his or her work, their availability and their pricing structure, etc.
Choosing a Michigan Wedding Photographer – Finding Your Photographer in the Metro-Detroit Area
When you first start to do your initial search for a potential Michigan wedding photographer you should gather a number of candidates and do a comparison of the services offers and what they bring to the table. Consider these points:
- How long has each wedding photographer been in business, particular in the Southeast Michigan market (it helps to know if they’re familiar with your city and ideal photo-shoot locations)
- Do they have any credentials, certifications or accreditations?
- What kind of equipment do they use?
- What is their coverage area – are they limited to Southeast Michigan or do you need a Michigan wedding photographer that will travel with you to a destination wedding?
Choosing a Michigan Wedding Photographer – Check for Client Satisfaction
Take a look at the references or testimonials of satisfied clients. What do others have to say about the photographer that you are considering. A good photographer should have a list of past clients whom will have left a positive testimonial as to the type of service and attention to detail they received during their own wedding ceremony and reception.
An important part of this process is to see if any of those past clients are local to your area, whether that’s Pontic, Royal Oak, Roseville, Sterling Heights or Detroit. If so, find out if you can contact any of the clients to speak with them in person or over the phone about their experience.
If you get an unending amount of favorable responses mixed with positive testimonials then you’re on your way to finding the right wedding photographer.
Choosing a Michigan Wedding Photographer – It’s All in the Portfolio
While you may not be an expert at taking a great picture, everyone knows what they like in a photo. Aside from whether or not you like the style that wedding photographer uses, consider these points:
- Is the lighting good in the photo? Are they washed out or too dark?
- Are the subjects framed properly?
- Do the people in the portfolio look happy? (This is important – you don’t want a dull, boring photographer that can’t bring the magic out of the occasion!
- Is the photographer you’re interested the one shooting the photos on location or do they use an assistant? The last thing you want is a surprise at the last minute when someone else shows up to photograph your wedding ceremony!
Choosing a Michigan Wedding Photographer – Weighing in the Costs
You can’t put a price on memories, but everyone has a budget and with all the other costs associated with your wedding you need to find a wedding photographer in Michigan that won’t break the bank. The cost may include travel, especially if you have a destination wedding in places like Traverse City on the water or in Northern Michigan where people like to include the Huron National Forest in their wedding plans.
Check with several photographers in the Southeastern Michigan area and compare their pricing – get an idea of what to expect as far as cost is concerned for different wedding packages. Keep in mind that each photographer’s pricing will vary slightly from their competitors and you should never base your decision on price alone. Cheap is rarely good and the most expensive photographer does not always deliver top quality.
By following the above steps, your selection of a Michigan wedding photographer can be made far easier. While comparing services, take the time to meet with the Wedding photographer near me and have your own interview. Your gut-feeling -along with the information you uncover through comparison shopping – will help you find the perfect photographer to capture the special moments of your wedding day, and provide you with memories that will last a lifetime.